Frequently Asked Questions

These are a selection of frequently asked questions regarding our services, if you cannot find the help you need in this section please feel free to contact us.


  1. Why should I hire Davis Law Group for my criminal case?
  2. A detective wants me to come to the police station and give a statement.  Should I cooperate?
  3. I was involved in an automobile accident that was not my fault; can I go after the driver that caused the accident?
  4. Who pays for the repairs to my vehicle that was damaged by no fault of my own?
  5. Who pays for the medical bills incurred as result of an accident that was not my fault?
  6. How much do I have to pay for you to represent me in a personal injury case?


  1. Answer 1
    • Dexter Van Davis was formerly a prosecutor and is very familiar with the criminal justice system.  He has practiced criminal law since 1997 and has the knowledge and experience to aggressively defend your rights which are guaranteed by the United States Constitution.  Mr. Davis will not just take your money and plea out your case.  He cares about you and will ensure that you completely understand your case, your options and will demand the best result possible.
  2. Back to top

  3. Answer 2
    • You have a right to remain silent and you should invoke that right.
      You also have a right to an attorney and should speak with one before agreeing to a police statement.  You should not help them prove a case against you even though you may feel compelled to talk.  Your statement will only lead to information they never would have obtained otherwise.  They have the burden of proving a case against you and you should not make their job easier.
  4. Back to top

  5. Answer 3
    • Yes, especially if the at-fault driver has insurance coverage.
      There are many drivers on the streets of Jacksonville that do not carry automobile insurance coverage for one reason or another.  Additionally, if the at-fault driver does not have insurance and you have uninsured motorist coverage you may still be able to collect from your insurance company for bodily injury.  If the at-fault driver does not have insurance coverage and you do not have insurance coverage, it may be very difficult to get compensated for your injuries.  You may have to sue the at-fault driver directly.
  6. Back to top

  7. Answer 4
    • Typically the at-fault driver’s insurance pays for the repairs to your vehicle and you are entitled to a rental vehicle during the time your car is being repaired.  Sometimes you will find that the at-fault driver’s insurance company is being difficult and you may have to use your own insurance company to repair your vehicle.  If you use your own insurance company you may have to pay a deductible.
  8. Back to top

  9. Answer 5
    • Your automobile insurance Personal Injury Protection (PIP) will pay your medical bills regardless of who is at fault.
      They will pay 80 percent of the bill up to a limit in the amount of $10,000.00.  Also, your PIP will pay 60 percent of your lost wages if a doctor takes you out from work.   PIP coverage can also be used to reimburse you for mileage to and from doctor appointments.
  10. Back to top

  11. Answer 6
    • You will not have to pay anything unless we make a recovery on your behalf.
      We are then paid a percentage of that recovery, in addition to our costs.  If there is no recovery, there are no fees or cost owed by you.

Back to top